Friday, April 11, 2008

Life AT work or Life AFTER work?????

"Duniya ka naara…..Jame raho !!!!" Anyone who has watched taare zameen par would understand what I am talking about ……my life has become exactly like that now …..and to be precise, like a military drill I would say ….I miss one thing and everything just falls apart…..anywayz, for those who don’t know, I have recently started working and that’s what this is all about…..well, that’s the first part of that song which very well describes my life after starting work….and the second part which goes “yahan alag andaaz hai……”, yes u guessed it right ….my life before starting work….

Jokes apart, and to be very honest, I am really liking my life …..atleast I feel like I am doing something worthwhile with all that 23 yrs of education ! ……..I don’t even realize how time flies by …..weeks just come and go , and u don’t even realize….and to my astonishment there is much less to do at home, I mean the household chores when u r working rather than when u r at home …..everything seems to be done by 8 ..while I used to slog till 9 in the kitchen before !!!...surprising right?...i guess u tend to do a lot more when u r at home just to keep urself busy …..

I expected that atleast the weekends would be fine, but thanks to our apartment hunting, my weekend slot has been dedicated to that activity……and I terribly miss my extracurricular activities like jewellery making, clay molding etc etc…..I just hope this hunt comes to an end soon and I have some time for all the extra things I like doing …..I thought I would talk more about my work once I start working and not more about my life after work ….but I guess it’s the opposite ….I keep talking about how busy I have got and how 24hrs seems very less for a day ….and to my surprise, lots of my frenz do agree with the idea that it should be more than 24hrs ! ….hopefully sometime in future we will see tht too…..

I am more excited about all the fancy things I am getting as a part of my work just like a li’l kid getting excited about his new bicycle….ya ya …I am coming there, will tell u all about it …..I have a laptop, so that I can work from home sometimes…..and mind you, its much better than my husband’s hahahaha ! …..and I get to flaunt it everyday ……since most of my meetings are with the clients, I get to buy a lot of good clothes to wear and whats even better is, a reason to defend all that shopping ..yoohoooo !!!.......


There are more angrez around my cube than desis…so I get to hear a lot of amusing stuff they keep talking about ……these angrez, I should admit, have the capability of talking about anything and everything under the sun, even if it doesn’t make any sense…….;o) …..they discuss about puppies and kittens for hours together…I have a neighbour who has been complaining about his dog for a week now …the reason – the dog happened to eat 1 lb of his very expensive cheese !!!!hehehehhe……and there is another lady in the next cube who keeps imitating southern folks (the ones who say “y’all” instead of “you all” ..and “baa baa” for “bye bye”)….i guess they are clients and she happens to be in conference calls all the time ….thank god I have my Ipod to my rescue, otherwise with all this going around, I am sure I wouldn’t be able to concentrate on what I am doing …..

It was tough concentrating on my work the first few days, but I guess I got the hang of it now ……as of my friends mentioned I am sure I will be saying “faayyyyyst“ for “fast” and “phaaasworrrd” for “password” pretty soon …….

Well, am so happy I have something to write about now,….or would it be better if I said my “enthusiasm” to blog is back ……

4 comments:

Still Searching said...

Haha! Sounds like you're enjoying the busy life, as it should be! Am very happy for you! :)

S said...

Hey , welcome back to blogosphere...

Glad to know that you are enjoying this new phase in your life ..

ramzee said...

Gotta do what you gotta do.

avighnya said...

ruchi & shilpi,
yes, right now am enjoying this rush in life, hope it stays that way atleast for a lil while !

ramesh,
am trying to give my best shot !