Friday, April 02, 2010

Adi's First day at Day Care...

I could not sleep peacefully yesterday night. So many thoughts crossing my mind - what if he dint like the day care? what if the teachers at the day care aren't caring enough ? a whole bunch of "what ifs" were running in my thoughts. Finally the day is here - feels as if he is already a big boy and it's his first day of school. I just busied myself in packing his stuff, because I dint want to leave my brain idle enough to think about.

all set for the first day at Day Care

Finally, the day is here. I could not go to leave him at the day care, I asked mom and chitti to do that "dreadful task". So off he went to the day care and amazingly he did pretty well, till .... (yes there is a small hiccup) I decide to check on him during lunch. I called the day care and they told me that he was doing really good and was fast asleep now. So I decided I will go check on him when he sleeping so that I don't have to leave with him in big tearful eyes. But, by the time I reached the day care he woke up and realised that he was in a completely new place, and obviously pretty upset at not finding any familiar faces. And suddenly he sees my familiar face and bursts into a loud cry, my heart just sank. He got cranky and did not want his bottle and was just crying uncontrollably. Well it lasted only for a few minutes, but it seemed liked forever to me. Thankfully he did settle down after a few minutes and did take his bottle too ! I was happy for that, but felt really bad because he cried. What might have gone that little one when he did not find anyone of us and felt all alone suddenly, the thought just killed me. I so badly wanted to take him home then, but I had to be strong and leave for his own good, to get used to the new place. So, I left the place sobbing. At the end of the day, it was a good start with the day care, but it had this bitter part too !

Am just hoping he settles down soon !

No comments: