Thursday, August 06, 2009

My new alarm piece!

Yes, I have a new alarm these days, which keeps reminding me when to "eat" especially - It’s the baby. Oh did I mention that it’s a boy? Well, if I dint here it is now – yes we found out in the ultrasound (14th July 2009), could not wait to know for another 4 months, 5 months was enough surprise for me. It was a great experience looking at the baby in the ultrasound, I mean till then you really don’t see much of a baby in the previous ultrasounds. But this one actually looks like one and you can point out at his little feet, little hands, his face and much more! Not until now, you real get the hang of it.

Oh yeah, forgot about the alarm part, I kind of slipped into the ultrasound excitement. I felt the first tickle when we went to watch fireworks at the lake shore (18th July 2009). There was an Italian fest going on in the downtown by the lake and they had fireworks at the end. We were standing pretty close to where they had the show and almost around the middle of the show I started feeling a tickling sensation in my tummy. That was the first time I have experienced it. In fact to tell you the truth I went to watch the fireworks in a hope of feeling the baby move because of the sounds. It was really nice to feel him move. I have been waiting for that experience all through. My friends started telling me "wait till he moves more and the kicks and punches get stronger". I really dint take those words seriously until I actually felt them. Trust me, those little kicks and punches can wake you up! After about a week or so, one night around 3 am I woke up, a couple of reasons – One, I was hungry and Two, I could feel him actually kicking / punching. I tried getting back to sleep but could not, he just seemed so restless, that I had to force myself to get up and eat something. I called my mom and she was startled (of course she was, I called her at such an odd hour). And that’s when my mom enlightened me that the babies start kicking if they are hungry. Great! That was when I realized that I have a new alarm now telling me when to eat! Believe it or not, since that day if my usual meal/snack time gets delayed a little I have to bear the kicks and punches. And mind you, they are getting stronger day by day.

He does not care if I am hungry or not, if I am full or not, if he is hungry he will let me know about it. Now that I have actually seen him in the ultrasound and can feel him move, it’s damn right tough avoiding those little nudges. It actually feels like he is telling me “hey mom, I am hungry, give me something to eat”. How can you say NO to that? May be the nudges really don’t mean that he is hungry but you never know, he might be! So, even I am full, I try having a light snack and feeling contended that I have fed him. Before, if I was busy with something else, I would delay having my food thinking I can eat once I am done with whatever that was so important to be finished. But now I cannot do that – there is something inside me that keeps telling me to eat on time. Well, I am definitely enjoying my new alarm!

1 comment:

S said...

Hey Amu...Too cool !!!
An alarm that does need to be set.....
But the flip side is that it must not be allowing you to snooze !!!