Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Chef de Cuisine

This is my first attempt at Italian Cuisine. Please don’t say that it doesn’t look like an Italian dish. (Can anyone of you hear me shouting at the top of my voice “wooo hoooo !!!!”). I have always wanted to try cooking different cuisines (other than Indian) at home from a long time; and finally I did it today!

I have been reading my colleague’s blog (she blogs about food and cooking) and I was all the more inclined to trying one of her recipes. And another inspiring factor is a friend of mine who also tries cooking different kinds of cuisines (Imagine she and her husband go on cooking marathons!). I knew one of these weekends I would definitely try something different, but didn’t actually think that I would try today!

My hubby enjoys having a traditional Indian meal at the end of the day, and never really relished having a different cuisine. But I guess he has got bored too and was ok with trying something new. And the moment he said “Let’s try pasta today”, I was on my way to the grocery store to get everything I needed. Well, not exactly; I started searching for easy/simple Italian recipes on the internet. Thanks to my colleague’s blog, I could get a basic idea of what I needed and a base recipe. And off I went to the grocery store with a shopping list. I made parmesan crusted chicken and penne pasta with vegetables. I was very apprehensive of what it will turn out to be finally, but it was ok, not bad for a first try. (Can you see me patting my back?) Let me know if you need the recipe ;o). I did forget a couple of things, but the final dish turned out yummy !!! I finished it with a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese.
What should I name it though ? Penne Pasta with veggies and Crispy crusted chicken....

3 comments:

Neelu said...

Yummmmy!!! I want to eat it tooo

ellysuryani said...

Hm.......yummy !. It seem delicious. Interesting blog.

S said...

Looks yummy!

Waiting for the next culinary experiment ...